If you have a CW3000 or CW5000 it's possible you may experience non-stop beeping from the unit, this can be due to a few different reasons from a non-functioning water pump, high temperature, stuck water flow sensor, debris in the water system or a kink along the line.
- For the WC5 unit if you open the side panel of the chiller you'll have the pump area exposed and if you give it a few strong taps while it is running this may loosen up any debris or dried water in the pump to help clear the lines.
- Ensure there are no kinks in the water line to your laser unit and there is plenty of water in
- Water temperature should be within 20-25c (68F-77F) range with the low end being optimal, if the water gets too warm it can trigger the alarm but in most cases this would occur over time and not instantly.
WC5 Unit Factory Reset
On the top sticker of the WC5 unit you will have factory reset instructions and it's possible just this module needs to be reset.
While the machine is off push hold the Up and Down arrows while you turn the chiller on and you should see rE on the LCD screen and once you do let this sit for a few seconds and turn the unit off then and back on.
Still having Issues?
Please create a Support Ticket by using the button below or sending an e-mail to email@example.com stating you've done all previous troubleshooting steps.
- When submitting via an e-mail you may attach any pictures, videos and project files needed for support to see.
- When submitting a ticket using the button below please either respond to the automated generated email stating we have received the ticket with your pictures, videos and project files or upload these to a Google Drive or Dropbox folder and include this link within the support ticket "Your Issue" dialog upon creation.