The following article is for unboxing your machine and performing the initial setup.
Follow these instructions for best results:
- Prepare Work Space: You will need an open and level work space to place your laser cutter. A sturdy table with room for the machine ( 32.5”x 20.3”x 8.5” ) is recommended. Be sure the table is free of clutter and can support a minimum of 200lbs (the machine itself weighs 54 lbs).
- Place Box: Place your box on or near your table before opening it, using either a pair of scissors or a box cutter.
- Open the box. Carefully remove the Honeycomb tray.
- Remove the foam layer to access the machine.
- Have two people carefully remove the Muse 3D from the box.
- Place the machine on your work station and inspect it.
- Open up your Muse. Remove the Cool box packaging.
- Remove the Accessory box.
- Remove the Foam from under the Gantry.
- Remove the Foam from under the side panels.
1. Locate & Remove Zip Ties
2. Connect the Exhaust System
An exhaust fan is required to be connected and on whenever a job is run on your laser. A properly installed exhaust fan removes smoke and fumes from the case and exhausts them to the outside of the building or a fume extractor.
- A. Install Exhaust Flange: Use the provided flange bolts to install the ducting collar on the rear of the machine.
- B. Position Ducting: Place your 4” ducting over the Exhaust Port located at the back of the machine and hold. Secure with 4” ducting clamp.
- C. Attach Exhaust Fan: Secure the free end of the ducting to the exhaust fan. Repeat the ducting and clamping process in the other side of the exhaust fan and plug in the fan into the bottom power plug marked “exhaust” on the back of your Muse Titan machine.
- D. Ventilate Outside or to Fume Extractor: Set the open end outside of a window or to a fume extractor. Check your system for leaks and be aware that the protective housing is not designed to be airtight; the front grill is designed to allow an exhaust system to draw fresh air though the work area.
- E. Connect to Power: Plug the power cord from the exhaust fan power into the plug marked “exhaust fan” on the back of your Muse Titan.
Note: Accessories plugged into the back of your Titan will only turn on when the laser is fired (as intended).
4. Preparing Water Assembly
A. Remove Water Cap: Remove the short silicone tubing, capping the water inlet and outlet on the back of the machine.
B. Attach Water Tubes: Remove the Coolbox from its packaging. Push one of the two (2) silicone tubes onto the water in and the other into the water out of the Coolbox. Connect the two (2) silicone tube from the Coolbox to the contrasting INLET and OUTLET of the Muse 3D.
(Remember: In to Out, Out to In). Your laser will not fire if this is installed backwards thanks to the water flow sensor.
C. Attach the Air Tubing: Connect one end of the air tubing to the back of the 3D and the other to the air out on the back of the Coolbox.
D. Fill Water: Fill the Coolbox using 1.5 Liters of DISTILLED water. Make sure to only use distilled water and replace often. If you live in a cold climate you can use a 1:2 Propylene Glycol and Distilled water mix to prevent freezing. Generally Muse Titan systems should not be run in temperatures less than 20°F (-6°C).
E. Plug in the Coolbox.
5. Connect the Power Cables.
Still having Issues?
Please create a Support Ticket by using the button below or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org stating you've done all previous troubleshooting steps.
- When submitting via an e-mail you may attach any pictures, videos and project files needed for support to see.
- When submitting a ticket using the button below please either respond to the automated generated email stating we have received the ticket with your pictures, videos and project files or upload these to a Google Drive or Dropbox folder and include this link within the support ticket "Your Issue" dialog upon creation.