The following article is for unboxing your machine and performing the initial setup.
Follow these instructions for best results:
- Prepare Work Space: You will need an open and level work space to place your laser cutter. A sturdy table with room for the machine ( 32.5”x 20.3”x 8.5” ) is recommended. Be sure the table is free of clutter and can support a minimum of 200lbs (the machine itself weighs 54 lbs).
- Place Box: Place your box on or near your table before opening it, using either a pair of scissors or a box cutter.
- Open the box. Carefully remove the Honeycomb tray.
- Remove the foam layer to access the machine.
- Have two people carefully remove the Muse Core from the box.
- Place the machine on your work station and inspect it.
- Open up your Muse. Remove the Hobby Kit packaging.
- Remove the Accessory box.
- Remove the Foam from under the Gantry.
- Remove the Foam from under the side panels.
1. Locate & Remove Zip Ties
2. Connect the Exhaust System
An exhaust fan is required to be connected and on whenever a job is run on your laser. A properly installed exhaust fan removes smoke and fumes from the case and exhausts them to the outside of the building or a fume extractor.
- A. Install Exhaust Flange: Use the provided flange bolts to install the ducting collar on the rear of the machine.
- B. Position Ducting: Place your 4” ducting over the Exhaust Port located at the back of the machine and hold. Secure with 4” ducting clamp.
- C. Attach Exhaust Fan: Secure the free end of the ducting to the exhaust fan. Repeat the ducting and clamping process in the other side of the exhaust fan and plug in the fan into the bottom power plug marked “exhaust” on the back of your Muse Titan machine.
- D. Ventilate Outside or to Fume Extractor: Set the open end outside of a window or to a fume extractor. Check your system for leaks and be aware that the protective housing is not designed to be airtight; the front grill is designed to allow an exhaust system to draw fresh air though the work area.
- E. Connect to Power: Plug the power cord from the exhaust fan power into the plug marked “exhaust fan” on the back of your Muse Titan.
Note: Accessories plugged into the back of your Titan will only turn on when the laser is fired (as intended).
4. Preparing Water Assembly
A. Remove Water Cap: Remove the short silicone tubing, capping the water inlet and outlet on the back off the machine.
B. Prepare Water Pump: Remove the water pump from its packaging. Attach the plastic fitting to the water pump and screw on.
C. Prepare the Water Bucket: Fill a 5 gallon bucket(not included) by about 2/3rd using distilled water. Make sure to only use distilled water and replace often. If you live in a cold climate you can use a 1:2 Propylene Glycol and Distilled water mix to prevent freezing. Generally Muse Titan systems should not be run in temperatures less than 20°F (-6°C).
Note: We recommend a bucket with a lid be used to prevent debris from falling in. Make holes for
tubing if needed.
D. Water Outlet Tubing: Connect one end of a water tube to the Water Out tube on the back of your machine. Place the other end of the tubing into the bucket of water.
E. Water Inlet Tubing: Connect the second tube to the Water In tube and place the other end on the plastic filling on the pump.
F. Place the water pump into the bucket and plug in for use.
5. Preparing the Air Compressor
- Connect one end of the air tube into the air fitting on your machine and the other to the air compressor.
6. Connect the Power Cables.
Still having Issues?
Please create a Support Ticket by using the button below or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org stating you've done all previous troubleshooting steps.
- When submitting via an e-mail you may attach any pictures, videos and project files needed for support to see.
- When submitting a ticket using the button below please either respond to the automated generated email stating we have received the ticket with your pictures, videos and project files or upload these to a Google Drive or Dropbox folder and include this link within the support ticket "Your Issue" dialog upon creation.