Included with the Hobby kit is a submersible water pump. If you're not using the Muse Coolbox to keep your system temperate, follow this guide on how to set up and work with the water pump and bucket method.
Never fire your laser without a correctly connected and powered water chilling system.
5 Gallon Bucket, 3-4 Gallons of Distilled Water
1. Your Muse system should have a short silicone tube covering the water inlet/outlet ports on the machine. Remove this and do not be concerned about any dripping. Leftover water from your laser tube's quality assurance tests may be released from the system.
2. Unbox your submersible water pump. In the box with it will be a plastic fitting for the pump's water outlet. Simply screw this on.
3. Prep Water Bucket- Make sure your choice is clean and ready for use. A lid with holes cut for tubing and power is recommended to keep debris from entering the system.
Distilled water is needed as it is cleaned of any mineral impurities tap water can hold.
4. Attach Muse's Water inlet tubing- From the outlet you attached earlier to the pump, connect one of the provided silicone tubes. Then attach the other end to the Muse system's labeled water inlet port. Run tubing through the lid as needed.
5. Now you can submerge your pump. Ensure it's completely below the water line. Do not submerge the head of the pump's electrical plug.
6. Attach Muse's Water Outlet tubing- Using the other silicone tube plug it into the labeled Water Outlet port on the Muse. Then just run the other end of the tubing back into the bucket where it can securely dispense water back to your pump system. Ensure that this tube ends below the water level in the bucket.
You will now have a proper water chilling system for your Muse laser.
Make sure to run the pump system for at least 1 minute before starting the laser to ensure there are no air bubbles in the laser tube as those can cause heat spots and damage your tube.
Check your water system monthly for any debris, algae growth, or evaporation issues for best performance.
It may be necessary to add distilled ice cubes into the bucket to keep the water cooler depending on the environment the laser is in.
Still having Issues?
Please create a Support Ticket by using the button below or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org stating you've done all previous troubleshooting steps.
- When submitting via an e-mail you may attach any pictures, videos and project files needed for support to see.
- When submitting a ticket using the button below please either respond to the automated generated email stating we have received the ticket with your pictures, videos and project files or upload these to a Google Drive or Dropbox folder and include this link within the support ticket "Your Issue" dialog upon creation.