If you find yourself needing to replace the laser tube in your Muse series machine this guide can help you.
Make sure to read or watch all instructions before proceeding.
2.5mm Hex Key
- Clear inner workspace, remove Honeycomb Tray(s), and move unlocked laser head gantry to the front of the machine.
- Using the 2.5mm hex key, unscrew the 3 screws at the top of the shroud.
Make sure to keep screws safe for reinstallation later.
- Lean shroud forward, slightly angle it, and pull up to remove it from the workspace. Set aside for reinstallation later.
- The laser tube will now be exposed. Connecting to the now visible left side, will be the silicone water tube. Gently tug or wiggle the tube from the glass. Do not force if it is stuck, as it may cause glass to break.
You can trim the tube directly below the glass outlet if stuck.
Image showing the left and right sides of the laser tube connections
- On the tube, there are 2 brackets holding it in place, use the hex key to unscrew the top screw holding it in place. Bend brackets forward to release the tube.
- Gently pull out the fragile glass tube, angling it to free it from the enclosure. Do not pull it far, set the tube atop the unit to access connections on the right side.
- Following steps in 4, disconnect the silicone water inlet tube on the right.
- On the right side of the tube there will be silicone tape holding down a thick wire with a large white connection. From the white cap we want to unscrew the High Voltage Cable.
- Now accessible on the left side of the tube, disconnect the smaller grounding wire from its white cap as well.
- The laser tube will now be free and you can set it aside to install the new tube.
After unboxing follow steps 9 - 1 in reverse to install. Do not tug on the tube's wires and be careful when angling it into the enclosure as it is fragile. The coils inside the tube should be toward the right side of the unit and the power connectors should be on top of the laser tube.
BEFORE REINSTALLING SHROUD- Run the laser tube's water chilling system through for at least 1 minute to ensure there are no air bubbles. Air bubbles can cause hot spots and damage to, or even break your tube.
Watch for those bigger than a pea and near either end of the tube. Once smooth flowing water is ensured you can reinstall the shroud.
Now your new laser tube should be installed and ready to go! Run alignment as needed to adjust focus before starting new projects.
Still having Issues?
Please create a Support Ticket by using the button below or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org stating you've done all previous troubleshooting steps.
- When submitting via an e-mail you may attach any pictures, videos and project files needed for support to see.
- When submitting a ticket using the button below please either respond to the automated generated email stating we have received the ticket with your pictures, videos and project files or upload these to a Google Drive or Dropbox folder and include this link within the support ticket "Your Issue" dialog upon creation.